The bulge at the chest area looks extra obvious when you are wearing fitted shirt or thinner cloth material? Got teased by others, that your “cup” is bigger than female friends? Stop hiding it under baggy shirt and let us share you the permanent solution to it.
What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia which also known as “man boobs”, is enlarged breasts in male. It is a common condition in boys and men of an increase in fat tissue at the chest area and become larger than normal and cause the man to perceive of having a breast. Usually it is soft and in cone shape with protruded nipple. Though some may experience swelling pain, nipple discharge, but it is not a serious health issue.
With the hot weather here in Malaysia, wearing thin clothing or getting shirtless at the beach may seems to be not an option. As it does affect self-confidence if the symptoms are obvious.
What causes Gynecomastia?
It usually happens during puberty or due to changes in hormone level, though there might be other causes that causes gynecomastia, such as:
- Hormone imbalance
What are the treatments available for Gynecomastia?
Especially for those who have tried with changing lifestyle, work out and diet, but the problem seems to stay, treatments is the only options to solve it.
There are several treatments available for gynecomastia, which includes invasive and non-invasive treatments.
- Surgery – Surgically remove the excess breast tissue though liposuction or mastectomy by certified and professional practitioner. The result may be instant, but it comes with higher risk and much longer recovery period. Though in Malaysia, there are only limited certified practitioner to do this, but it is highly advisable to look for affirmed practitioner to ensure the safety and result of the treatment.
- Fat Freezing – The non-invasive options that uses cold/freezing technique to target fat cells of a specific area, even for small area like chest. As there are no incision, fat freezing only freeze the fat cells without affecting the outer skin layer. You may get back to your daily life task right after the treatment. Although it may take up to 3 months to get the final result, but it has low risk and minimal to no downtime.
- Mesolipolysis (Fat dissolving) – The semi invasive options that uses fine needles to deliver a series of injections of a special formulated solution into the fat layer to melt the fat. This method are widely use for area that cannot be easily treated area due to size or human anatomy, such as manboobs, double chin, bra bulge, etc.
However, Doctor will need to do assessment before giving advice on the best treatment method according to your conditions, as not all people with gynecomastia are suitable with fat freezing treatment.
What result to expect? Is the treatment result immediate after one session?
- Surgery – Surgically removal will have immediate result, but the risk is higher and longer downtime. You may need to take days off to heal the wound.
- Fat Freezing – It may takes up to 3 months to get the final result. During the fat freezing treatment, the fat cells were crystallised with low temperature. After the treatment, our body need some time for the immune system to remove the dead fat cells through our lymphatic system naturally. This process takes 1-3 months to complete.
- Mesolipolysis (Fat dissolving) – This method uses solution to kills the fat cells of the treated area. Similar to fat freezing, the body will need some time to remove the dead fat cells naturally, it also takes 2 weeks – 3 months for the final result.
Is there any downtime or side effect for fat freezing and fat dissolving treatment?
You may exercise and resume with your daily activities right after treatment. But there may be some reactions at the treated area after certain treatments that may last for hours up till 2 weeks, such as:
- Deep itchiness
While for some, they might experience lumps after the treatment, which will resolve in 1-3 months.
Breast Reduction Fat Freezing Malaysia price & Fat Dissolving Malaysia price
Depending on the area and bulge, some may requires more than one sessions to get the best result. The price for one sessions of Fat Freezing starts from RM1,000. Whereas, the price for Fat Dissolving starts from RM500 per session.
It is best to get consultation and assessment by our certified medical professionals to have a better understanding of the boobs reduction treatments available here in Ozhean Clinic Kuala Lumpur.